Friday, November 4, 2011

Thursday, 7:31 AM


I sit on the edge of the bed. Stare at the dresser. There is something over there that I want.

I get up. Walk over there. Open a drawer. Reach inside. Grab a pair of black socks. I look down at my feet. I am already wearing socks.

I walk back to the bed. Sit down. Pick up my phone. It is Thursday, 7:26 AM. Put the phone down. Stare at the dresser. There is something over there that I want.

I get up. Walk to the dresser. Focus eyes into the mirror. Touch fingers to hair. It is already styled.

I go back to the bed. Sit down. Pick up the phone. It is Thursday, 7:28 AM. Put the phone in pants pocket. Stare at dresser. There is something over there that I want.

I get up. Walk to the dresser. Grab a razor. Smooth the skin flat with fingers. I already shaved. My face is clean.

I walk back to the bed. Sit down. Stare at the dresser. There is something on it I want. I vocalize: hair products, tooth brush, razors, Old Spice, drafting ruler, clutter, cards, envelopes, cologne, coffee.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment