Thursday, November 3, 2011

Found Today On Okcupid

 

"She Told Them I Was Lonely"

I made a deal with my mother---
She's probably biased though,
having given birth to me and all---
In exchange,
she will stop
giving my phone number
to random strange men
she and my stepdad
meet at the dog park
Sadly, I do a lot more
daydreaming than doing
I'm a sucker for a period melodrama
because sometimes a girl just wants
a little smut dressed up in kilts
I'm the classic absent minded professor
vegetating with the cats
I spend my days
help[ing] people improve
their paddling skills
staring at a computer screen
Photoshopping jars of baby food
[this] probably says more about
what's next in the life plan
the plots I am hatching
my imaginary musical boyfriends
but it gives me something to work on
which usually keeps me pretty busy
and out of trouble
at least
until the beer garden opens

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment