Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Poem Read Unknowingly Before A Lady's Prayer Group At An Open Mic in Everett

 


I read this poem at the interpretive dance specialty competition at the Seattle poetry Slam on Tuesday, August 23. Just as with my feature at the Book Worm Exchange in Columbia City, the reading of this garnished peals of laughter especially with Barton Jackson, a professional dancer, doing the interpretation. I wish I could have seen what he was doing. I had to stop several times in my reading to laugh, because every one was busting their guts over it. I heard his dance was even more raunchy than my poem.

My own dancing though funny scored the lowest of all the contestants. I did every funny thing I could think of in the moment. I might have done better if i had more beer. My last move was a Shakespearean comedic death. All-in-all, this was a fun slam to finish my Seattle career as a spoken word poet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment