Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Sestina In Six Parts Plus An Envoy (Part 1)



A Sestina In Six Parts Plus An Envoy


How can I get Jack, the cat
into a box?
He needs to go to the vet.
He has been hunting a lot of wild birds
and now has a horrid case of worms
which explains why he vomits up log blades of grass.
He even eats more than does the dog.




Now that the write challenge is over, I need something to do to keep me writing (almost) every day. It has been a while since I last wrote a sestina. Thus, I will start one now. I am going to meter it out over several days, because I have less free time this month than I did last month.

In case you've (and I am speaking to myself) forgotten what a Sestina looks like let's review the form now:
First Stanza 1-2-3-4-5-6
Second Stanza 6-1-5-2-4-3
Third Stanza 3-6-4-1-2-5
Fourth Stanza 5-3-2-6-1-4
Fifth Stanza 4-5-1-3-6-2
Sixth Stanza 2-4-6-5-3-1

First line of Envoi 2-5
Second line of Envoi 4-3
Third line of Envoi 6-1



No comments:

Post a Comment