Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ahhh...Yes! YES! A Disasterpiece Submission

 

The beginnings of a poem

Sitting on the uncomfortable dark blue chair
Looking at the blank paper in front of me
Thinking, pondering, doodling, and waiting
Where are the words?

Nothing comes to me as I sit here
My mind as blank as the page in front of me
Wishing, hoping, praying and still waiting
For the elusive words to magically appear

Oh wait! Here is something …
My bum hurts and my legs are feeling numb
Oh… mmm.. uhhhh….
Well, that isn’t exactly what I had hoped for

So here I still sit on the uncomfortable dark blue chair
Now wondering should I go with it or cross it out
After all, it is something.
I could rhyme it…

My bum hurts and my legs are feeling numb
Do you like this line or does it sound dumb
Let’s see… on second thought…
I cross out the only two lines I have written

---by Sharon Meixsell


 
 

Also Check out Sharon's blogger page called Shazza's House of Passion. It's a place where you can find words strung together with a more spicy flare! And she's got thirteen pieces on too, and a fantastic smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment