Sunday, May 15, 2011

More Bad Poems (I Have No Shame)

 
I don't know if I've posted this bad poem yet, but I found it at my folks place the last time I went down for a visit. I also found all the papers I wrote when I studied religion at college and at grad school. I wished, however, that I could have found the mathematical expression I wrote when I was 19. I endeavored to create a formula where one could find the area of a circle with using the constant pie. In the process of thinking it through I taught myself basic calculus, because I needed to use limit theory to accomplish it. The expression didn't do what I intended. Ultimately, the expression focused like a lazer beam on the constant pie. I learned, what the ancients figured out, that one can not approximate the area of a circle without pie.

Well, any way here is another gem of a bad poem that I composed in the process of learning how to write. The poem is dated September 2, 2001. And I must add that I am still driven to conquer the art of poetry. Hopefully, one day, I will achieve this goal.



Six

Marked
Forever
by the number six
Friday
the day
I was made

I tried to engrave the number seven
Saturday, Sabbath, upon my forehead
But by morning it
Faded back
into the number six, 
Friday.

Somehow seven
is denied me
No mater how much
I work
I will never
achieve the distinction of seven
Saturday, 
Sabbath.

I will bear the mark
Six
Six
Six
Forever

 

This is almost like that song from Slipknot called the Heretic.

No comments:

Post a Comment