Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Adventure of a 42 year old

 
 
Denny Way & Bellevue Ave
I started my journey with trying to locate something at home that I could utilize as a sled. All I had was a aluminum baking pan, paper and plastic shopping bags. So, I packed it up and headed for Denny Way, which supposedly was closed. At least that is what the sign said at both the top and the bottom of the hill. 
I should have gone the day before when much of Capitol Hillians were out in mass shooting down this slop. But no, I had to be a creature of habit and go to my regular writers group at Pilot Books. I missed everything on the 11/22 including the cars & buses that got into it as well like that one on John Street.
staring down the barrel of Denny Way on a counter top

At first, I thought I was going to be the only person out trying my hind out at a controlled slip down the hill, but, luckily, I wasn't the only person. Joining me this evening were two dunk indigenous peoples and a few girls.




Sledding Materials from Home

The sled found along the way that almost killed me

My worthless sled destroyed


The abuse of the ground

Another slug found along the way





No comments:

Post a Comment