Tuesday, April 16, 2013

NaPoWriMo #16 (Rory's Story Cubes)



April 16


Rory wanted to be alone. He wanted to go into his quiet place. That special place that only he could own.

When he was a child, his father locked him in the hall closet whenever he broke a rule. No matter how hard he tried to please his dad, he always found a way to annoy him.

Rory's father never ceased to remind him how much he resembled his mother. This should have made Rory happy, but his father always followed it up with, "I wish you had died at birth instead of her."

*        *        *


       "What's up Kelly?" Rory tenderly asked.
       "Ricky tried to kill me," Kelly sobbed out.
       "What?" Rory said sitting bolt upright in the bed startling a sleepy Mandy. "I knew that Ricky was weird, but I didn't think he was a murderer."
       "He touched me. He found out my secret. The cops carted him away to a looney bin!!"
       "I hope he rots in hell Kelly. You deserve so much better than a cheater like him!"

---William James









No comments:

Post a Comment