Saturday, November 10, 2012

Friday's Children by Afzal Moolla



This Will Offend


The prejudice lurks,
a gestating beast,
hate masquerading as faith,
intolerance as belief,
while,
righteous tongues mouth prayers,
beseeching Him for tax-relief.

I tire of the sermons,
spewed forth each day,
threatening damnation,
promising paradise,
while,
blanketed in the innured comfort,
of carefully crafted lies,

Do not waste your breath here,
I refuse to succumb to your wiles,
take your God elsewhere,
He is not welcome now,
So,
leave me to my fate,
for I refuse to bow.

This will offend,
those who lay sole claim to Him,

This will offend,
the spurious purveyors of The Truth,

This will offend,
the hubris of the elite,

This will offend,

"for the truth shall set you free,"

free,

of jingoistic fanatical deceit.

Copyright © 2012 by Afzal Moolla









No comments:

Post a Comment