Friday, April 20, 2012

National Disasterpiece Month --- Number 20

 

That's good Spicoli, "I don't know," but Ms Hand Does...


Seeking a guy to sit in pj's all day playing video games with.
After I level up, we'll go out and
finish the final treasure hunt together in Seattle.
I want someone to veg out on the couch all night
watch American Idol, drink beer, eat chips, and scratch his balls.
Show me something I haven't seen before,
run naked backwards through a corn field on a warm summer day,
skinny dip at the arboretum at dusk, or pluck a banjo wearing an old dress.

I'm delightful from all angles.
Look at me, I'm in a newspaper!
I get excited about ridiculous things,
but I draw the line at mayhem.
I love all kinds of strength that aren't measured in muscle.
I also love short hair and glasses, and assertive opinions.
I'm too conservative to fit into Seattle,
but too liberal to leave---I like Yoga.
I am more into plunging directly rather than drifting,
exploring the world meeting people.
I got my shit together. Do you?
By day I live as a web developer,
by night you might find me with my arms
wrapped around a guitar or my cats.

Promise, you'll like me,
befriend me, then seduce me.
We all deserve some love action,
right, Spicoli?

 

---William James

    Source: The Stranger: Love Lab, 2/22/2012, page 49.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment