Wednesday, December 28, 2011

An Unseen Friendship by Purple Mark

 
“If you’d like, you can start your transmission
after the high-pitched squeal that will be your cue
to make a statement about yourself.”

After this announcement, I was at a loss as to how
I should answer this query. It seemed that an enigmatic
or Surrealistic response was required from me.

Since I had The Song Of Roland on my person, I answered,
“Then comes at speed, Margaris of Seville, who holds his land
as far as Cazmarin, ladies all love him, so beautiful he is.”

“Squeal,” came the message’s endnote. What he would
make of it was hard to know. I had no clue as to what
his work entailed, but I had been told to be bold in my query.

Just when I was about to ring off his equally odd response
came back: “Her skin is white cloth and she’s all sewn apart
and she has many colored pins sticking out of her heart.”

So began our strange friendship with neither of us seen
and it was only our words which we relayed that connected us
in a Stream-of-Consciousness sort of give and take away.

---Purple Mark 122311

 
 

Friday Prompts:                                                                         

  1. If you’d like, you can start your transmission after the high-pitched squeel (sic) that will be your cue to make a statement about yourself...” Antero Alli. The Akashic Record Player. (Falcon Press, 1988) page 40.
  2. Her skin is white cloth, and she’s all sewn apart and she has many colored pins sticking out of her heart.” Tim Burton. Voodoo Girl: The Melancholy Death Of Oyster Boy And Other Stories (Rob Weisbach Books, 1997) page 51.
  3. Then comes at speed, Margaris of Seville, who holds his land as far as Cazmarin, Ladies all love him, so beautiful he is.” Translated by by Dorothy L. Sayers. The Song Of Roland. (Penguin Classics, 1964) page 89.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment