Thursday, May 26, 2011

Harvard Exit SIFF Shift "YOU ARE HERE"

 
As I worked my Wednesday evening shift, I accidentally turned the ticket printer off with my foot. Nothing worked as it was supposed to. I wonder if the earlier bomb scare excitement had anything to do with it?

I stayed later and pulled a double as an usher so that I could see the next film called, "You Are Here." This was an interesting brain teaser story that I certainly hope escapes the gravity well of artsy brainiac films and into the mainstream market. Most likely it won't, because of the way the average persons' attention span has been corrupted by mainstream media, movies, video games, and TV. If this were the 1960's instead of the current decade, this film would have had the necessary escape velocity to make it into science fiction sub culture of the 60's, 70's, or 80's in the same manner that 2001 a Space Odyssey, Twilight Zone, Clockwork Orange, THX 1183, or Nightfall did.

Thus far, I have collected 13 vouchers to see SIFF films. After my SIFF shift today at Pacific Place, I should be up to 15. This means that I am bartering my time for approximately $7.22/hr (in monies I can only spend at the company store). A net $7.22 is not bad; hopefully, the films that will be chosen to be replayed throughout the year will be worth seeing down at the SIFF theater on Seattle Centers campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment