Friday, September 30, 2011

Maximos of Tegucigalpa, here’s your Triolet!

 

I make the peanut butter sandwiches to the tune of time
Then steal moments to rub a tuna melt on the boss’s tool-kit lock
Ted, the chef raises a knife to salute a greasy dime
To make a million more sandwiches to the tune of time
Ted ground fresh tuna fish into Ponzi-burger, then commits a crime
I vomit out a brain as I work around the clock
Making peanut butter sandwiches to the melody of time
I rob the boss’s time to rub a tuna melt into the restroom lock

 
Maximos of Tegucigalpa (I think the name and the place is fake) requested a Triolet on 9/7/11 from these two lines:
  • “Making peanut butter/tuna sandwiches to the tune of time”

  • “Taking time to rub the tuna on the lock”

  •  

     


    Also check out my new wordpress website. It's a literary journal called Randomly Accessed Poetics! Submissions are open. We've also recently published our first e-literary mag. It is available for $1.99 at amazon.com. It is called: Randomly Accessed Poetics, Issue 1: The Texture of Words.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment